Sunday, March 1, 2015

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor

Last week, my friend Rich and I split a set of Tempestus Scions. I'm not a big fan of the models the kit creates, but it is filled with some really great parts. The armor is kind of out of place on guardsmen, but it makes really fantastic carapace armor for an inquisitor or some other individual that doesn't have that kind of military background. I had bought it with the intention of mainly using a few of the cool masked heads and some of the techy bits, but after spending some time with the parts I tossed together what I think will be an Ordo Malleus inquisitor. He has nothing to do with my warband, but I needed a break.




I know I'm going to need to have models for important people in the conclave who aren't the players, but I'm not entirely sure what he'll be. Maybe the head of our cabal? The pointing arm gives him a great look of authority, while the powerfist shows that he's a man who intends to do a job himself. He looks disciplined, confident, and determined. We'll see. There's still a lot of work to do on the model. 

Excuse the poor cell phone images, I'll be using a nicer digital camera in the future. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Almost the entirety of his upper half is the scion kit, though there will be more added. I'm definitely going to add a fur collar and some other stuff to suitable weird him up.

      The MUI bolt pistol is probably the real triumph here.

      Delete